About File Renamer
File Renamer is an all-in-one power-packed utility to rename the files and folders speedily and efficiently without any errors as it has an in-built preview panel to visualize the after-effects of renamed files before you rename them.
Most advance File Renamer on Windows and Mac Platform with unique combination of simple to use renaming actions and support of advance renaming options. You can undo all your renaming operations.
Either you are music geek , system administrator, programmer, photographer, digital camera user, artist, graphic designer, lawyer, accountant, mp3 collector, librarian, book-store owner, etc., whatever is your profession, File Renamer will also help you to organize your files in more efficient and orderly manner.
Key Features of File Renamer:
- A simple, flexible and yet powerful interface to rename files.
- File Renamer can recursively process sub folders.
- Live preview to avoid errors. Renaming Errors shown in Preview only.
- Log files of renamed files. Automatic saving of log files.
- Undo all past renaming operations.
- Numerical and alphabetic sequence renaming.
- Renaming using Folder path component.
- Renaming or removing file extensions in just one click.
- Directly add files from Windows Explorer. Drag and Drop support.
- Insert file's Created, Modified, Accessed and custom date & time.
- Rename files in Upper case, Lower case and Proper Case.
- Reverse File name.
- Swap file name from character position or separator.
- Insert and delete characters from any position and at or after some text in file names.
- You can export file list in tab delimited text files.
- Renaming of Digital photos using its EXIF and IPTC Meta data.
- Rename MP3 Files using ID3 tags.
- You can rename files using external file list of current and new file name.
- Save more than one renaming actions in a rule file and apply on File names in single operation.
- You can save all your favourite settings in profiles and load those profiles.
What’s new in File Renamer 8?
- This new version is written from scratch with new approach for user interface.
- Speed, Speed and more Speed. Excellent improvement in renaming speed.
- Drag and Drop Files and Folders directly from Windows explorer.
- Advance search options which supports wild card. You can search file based on File Name (For Example, files which contain "Tiger" in file name), Date (Modified, Accessed, Created), File Size and Type.
- Instant Preview of File Names. Now you do not need to click preview every time you change some settings. You can see new file name preview instantly.
- Improved and Instant Image Preview.
- Folder Renaming with include subfolder.
- Insert and Delete with at after and at before specific text.
- You can start Replace and Remove from end of the file name also.
- Remove all characters after some specific text.
- New ID3 tag support of Track Number and Composer.
- We now support 40+ EXIF and IPTC meta data to rename digital pictures.
- New Rule Manager. Now you can load existing Rule File and edit and save as a new rule.
- Several small user interface changes and bug fixing.
New Features in File Renamer 7:
- Improved performance and speed.
- Optimized for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Windows style sorting implementation.
- Re-order the selection in File grid.
- Insert and Delete from backward position.
- Photo preview in Photo.
- Remove unwanted characters like in single operation.
- Completed new manage rules section. You can now re-order rules before saving and see what goes into rule files.
- New Excel List renaming with location column so you can now rename sub-folders files.
- Add Date attributes like Modified date, Created date and accessed date in File name with date and time and separator between them.
- Manage Rules section completely re-written. Now you can see what is in Rule File before you save.
- Re-order Rules before save.
New Features in File Renamer 6:
- New Vista style interface with docking panel. Now you can hide the panel you do not want to see.
- Instant Changes on file type selection with filters. So you can instantly see selected file types. In current version user have to 'search' after selection of available file types.
- Duplicate name check or renaming error in preview only before renaming. So you can able to know possible duplicate renaming error in preview itself.
- File Icons like in Windows Explorer. So you can know which the file types are, just looking at the files.
- Easy selection of files like selecting like in windows explorer.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Task. Like Ctrl + A to select all files and selecting files while pressing right click
- Option for Automatically saving Log file.
- Unlimited Undo from saved log file. Please check help with detail explanation on how to do this.
- User can copy and paste Folder path in address bar.
- User can add File's Date attribute in filename as prefix or suffix with separator Like created date, modified date and Accessed date.
- In Alphanumeric Tab: Prefix and suffix in place of Insert After and Insert before
- Option of adding separator in alphanumeric tab.
- New Digital Photo Renaming with Exif Meta data. Digital Photo renaming using Date picture taken ( date+time ), Camera model, Equipment maker. User can rename photos using these 3 Exif Meta data + Original name and option of separator between them.
- Drag and Drop columns in grid.
- Option to rename spaces from file name.
- Insert string on more than one character position in one time.
- Reverse file name using a separator.
- Remove non file name characters in ID3 tags or replace it with your preferred characters.
- Rename files using a imported excel list.
- Numeric sorting in file name.
- Added Modified date column in grid.
- Exports all file list into Excel, Text and TAB delimited formats.
- Changes in Preferences or Program Settings:
- User can save default value in Padding Mask in Alphanumeric Tab.
- Options of Start application in specific windows size.
- Now you can save the renaming rules in rule file. Now you can save your most used renaming rule or more than one rule you want to apply one by one.
- Command prompt support.
- You can rename files from command prompt using the rule files you save.
- Now you can use list of new and old file names in Excel to rename files. File Renamer load list from Excel (List should be in specified format) and rename files.